Sunday, March 16, 2008

Let's clear the air...

I was a child of the 60’s and 70’s raised in the Jim Crow south. Ms. Houston is practically my contemporary and I understand her frustration and that of her family during those times. I would have supported her position then...as I do today. We must however do it RIGHT! Significant progress has been made since the 1972 lawsuit. Although there are some who wish to remain in the 60's (refering to the NOLA.COM comments) and despise the portrayal of Magnet School by the media as having gotten our way, communication with all parents on all sides is imperative. If we are divided we will not conquer and the School Board will rule with an iron hand behind closed doors allowing the good we hope for our children to be washed down the Mississippi River.


No comments: